Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, Sat 9am to 4pm
On public holidays we are often 'semi' - open, and therefore please call to check if we are available.
Unit 9 , 62 Bishop Street
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059, Australia
Turn into Bishop St where you see Aldi along Kelvin Grove Rd. Animato Strings is 400 metres into Bishop St on the left hand side. There are two driveways for number 62. Use the second driveway.
You can park directly in front of the shop.
5 Reasons Why Violin- Viola- Cello- and Double Bass Players Recommend Animato Strings, Australia’s Specialist Shop for Violins, Violas, Cellos and Doublebasses:
1. When preparing mail orders, every ordered string instrument is hand-picked by Dietrich Lasa, the founder and Director of Animato Strings. He is a professional string player with 40 years experience as performer and string teacher. He played in Chamber Orchestras, Symphony Orchestras and he taught string instruments on all levels, primary, secondary and tertiary.
2. When you visit Animato Strings, you will most likely find what you are looking for because there are just so many violins, violas and cellos to choose from. Competitively priced Double Basses are also on the shelves.
3. Animato Strings’ customers can visit the on-site workshop and watch experts at work, setting up new instruments or servicing older instruments. Many smaller issues can be attended to ‘on the spot’.
Dietrich Lasa calls this service a type of ‘DriveThru’ where you place an order and it will be delivered in a matter of minutes.
4. You have a 7 day unconditional money-back guarantee for new instruments, bow and cases.
5. Customers get true value for money. The majority of items come directly from the makers. That means lower price tags and therefore more value for the investment.
Choosing your first violin, viola, cello or double bass
Consider 3 main factors when deciding on a stringed instrument:
1. How confident are you that the musician will enjoy the instrument for a long time?
2. How soon will the musician grow out the current instrument size?
3. How much am I willing/able to spend on a violin – viola – cello – bass outfit?
Most parents buy an inexpensive violin, viola or cello until the musician grows into a full size instrument. Some parents are willing to increase the quality of the string instrument with every step towards a full size violin, viola, cello or double bass.
The idea is to obtain the best possible sound in whatever price category you have decided to assist your young string instrument musician. If the violin , viola, cello or double bass is for a mature aged musician, then I suggest to invest as much as possible, no matter if you are a beginner or if you are advanced. Make it as nice as possible for yourself. The reason behind this is that you have probably considered this step for quite some time. The intent is relatively strong, and you need a full size instrument anyway – the last size you will ever need.
In terms of sound most musicians look for a rich, warm, singing, outgoing, noble, clear sound.